Saturday, January 10, 2009

December 2008





December has arrived and I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. We celebrated Hyrum's birthday, and prepared for Uncle Brent's return home to his family. Aunt Wendi is going to miss Mal"dom" calling out her name as she comes through Grandma's door each day. I will also miss my dates with Gage, and yes Gage I will drive to Tucson to go on a date with you.

I really enjoyed having Jeff and his family stay here during the Holidays. The Colorado Egnew's are fun to be around. I enjoyed my date with Jayden and Gage at the movies. We went to see Desperaux, and then we had lunch. It was fun spending time with the two of them. Gage didn't want to be left out of a conversation and I had to remind myself that he is only three years old. The family spent Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's. We had dinner (and lots of leftovers), played the present game, and Grandpa read the Christmas Story. As he was reading from the Book of Mormon, (Samuel the Lamanite's Story) Addie said, "Yes Grandpa, we know Samuel. He was a Lamanite and stood on the wall preaching that Jesus would come. The people shot arrows at him and none of them hit him!" Our jaws dropped, I chuckled, and Grandpa kept reading. I was sure impressed with her knowledge of the gospel.

It has been a wonderful year because of all of you. I am awed everyday that I spend time with your children. They have been taught well, and I am so proud to be their Aunt. You, my brothers and sisters, are great parents. Thank you for letting me interrupt your lives this year. Hopefully I can do so again this next year. Please know of my love for all of you.

No comments: