Saturday, January 19, 2013

As you can tell I am not very good at keeping this thing current.  Honestly I forget I have it sometimes.  So, what has happened in my life since I last posted?  Well, the biggest change is that my Brother Bryan died, and now I struggle a bit with figuring things out.  Life keeps throwing curve balls at us and this one has taken quite a bit of time to recover from.  I still don't feel like I have mastered that recovery part of it though.  Losing a brother is a difficult thing for anyone, but losing a brother to suicide just compounds the matter even more.  Has there been any good come from it?  I would have to say a couple of things for the good have come along...I was reconnected with one of the best people I know, and now find myself living with a her and her son.  That has been a great thing for me, and hopefully it has been okay for her.  Next, I was given the courage to say when and quit my job with the Balsz School District.  That was difficult for me to do.  I always wanted to work there for 30 years, but it just got to hard and after Bryan died I realized life was just to short to live with some unhappiness.  So....I ventured out and got a job in the Mesa School District.  It has been a bit difficult at times, but it is so worth it.  Finally, I think in some ways our family has grown closer together.  I learned that we will for sure along side each other no matter what the circumstances are.  We all learned a ton about unconditional love, and we have built better relationships with each other as we all walk this path.  Poor Mom, though, she doesn't know how to help us all and really she can't.  This is something we all have to walk through at our own pace.  Best news though is that mom and dad have decided to go on a mission.  They have put in their paperwork and are waiting to receive their mission call.  It is our turn to help them out now as they go on a mission.  Enough for now....

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey! I saw your post in my blog list. I loved reading your updates. I can't imagine how you have been feeling, and I am still so saddened about Bryan. I pray that you will continue to heal. I'm glad you are teaching in Mesa now. And I'm so excited to hear about your parents mission adventures! Love you!
Kate (Butler)